ESCAP Fourth Meeting of the Infrastructure Financing and Public-Private Partnership Network of Asia and the Pacific, Virtual Meeting, held on 15 October 2020
At the invitation from United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), IPPP delegation (Chairman Walter Chan and Vice-Chairman Billy Tam) attended the Fourth Meeting of the Infrastructure Financing and Public-Private Partnership Network of Asia and the Pacific, Virtual Meeting, held on 15 October 2020.
Participants from ESCAP member States including heads of PPP units and high-level officials from the ministries of finance and planning and other pertinent infrastructure-related ministries, together with infrastructure specialists, capital market experts, development partners, and international investors attended the Meeting. The objectives of the ESCAP Fourth Meeting are:
- Introduce the InfraPPPnet web portal to the Network;
- Invite member States of the Network to present their latest PPP developments;
- Conduct a panel discussion on how PPP can facilitate economic recovery in the era of COVID-19 and beyond;
- Exchange views on the issue of rising government obligations in PPP projects and how to manage it;
- Introduce AIFC legal offerings for foreign entities operating in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.